Almost There: My Pregnancy Experience

Today, I'm exactly two weeks away from my due dateTwo weeks! Where did the time go? Pregnancy just flew by, and here I am, anxiously awaiting labourThe idea of giving birth terrifies me. I generally have a very low tolerance for pain and fear of the unknown is starting to get to me.  

When I found out I was pregnant, I wasn't too thrilled. I was about a year and a half into my marriage, and I was nowhere near ready. But then I realised that you can never be prepared for something as big as parenthood. 

The first three months were awful. Your body goes through lots of changes  physical and emotional. While some changes were obvious, others were unexpected and took me by surprise. I was constantly hungry and tired. I ate like a pig all day and threw up after dinner every night.



Things started getting better in the second trimester. On the downside, I put on so much weight that I couldn't fit into anything in my wardrobe. It was depressing. But I decided not to splurge on clothes. I got a few loose tees, a pair of maternity jeans, a shrug, and a couple of dresses to last through my pregnancy and nursing period. At around the seven month mark, I cut down on my food intake, especially sugar, and started to walk 30 minutes a day. 

I had a pretty fuss-free pregnancy overall, thanks to my parents who took care of me like they always have. But the insomnia, cravings, cramps, itchy skin and heartburn were no joke. 

The most surreal part of the whole experience was the baby's movements. Those kicks remind you of the life inside. They tell you that your happiness is growing in your womb and will soon come out and join your lives. My husband was nearly 2000 miles away for most part and I missed him. I really wish we could've experienced pregnancy together. 

But time for reality. Baby is coming!


Comments

Popular Posts

Wedding Diaries: The Engagement

Wedding Diaries: D-day

Childhood

Bucket List